Chapter 02 晕车晕船

情景对话

Steward: Can I help you, sir?

乘务员:先生,需要帮忙吗?

Andrew: I'm afraid I have a little airsickness. Do you have airsick pills?

安德鲁:恐怕我有点晕机,你们有晕机药吗?

Steward: Yes, please wait a moment. I will bring you some. Is there anything else I can do for you?

乘务员:有的,请等一下。我给您拿过来。您还有其他需要吗?

Andrew: I have no more need for a moment. Thank you.

安德鲁:暂时没有。谢谢。

▶bring sb sth表示“给某人带来某物”,其中sb是间接宾语,sth是直接宾语。

Benjamin: What's wrong with you? You look pale.

本杰明:你怎么了?你看起来很苍白。

Betty: I'm afraid I have got seasickness.

贝蒂:恐怕我有点晕船。

Benjamin: Do you have pills for seasickness? If not, I'll ask the steward for a favor.

本杰明:那你带晕船药了吗?如果没有,我去找乘务员帮忙。

Betty: Yes, there are some pills in my bag. Can you give me a bottle of water?

贝蒂:我带了,我包里有一些。你能给我拿瓶水吗?

▶ask sb for a favor意为“找某人帮个忙”。如果要表示“帮某人的忙”,可以用do sb a favor。

Jessica: Bart, are you feeling any better?

杰西卡:巴特,你感觉好些了吗?

Bart: I am much better now, just a bit of dizzy. Thanks for your help.

巴特:我现在感觉好多了,只是有点头晕。谢谢你的帮忙。

Jessica: That's all right. It's fit that friends take care of each other. You can sleep. When the bus arrives, I'll let you know.

杰西卡:这没什么。朋友之间相互照顾是应该的。你可以睡觉。公交车到站了,我会叫你。

Bart: Thank you, Jessica. That's very kind of you.

巴特:谢谢你,杰西卡。你真是太好了。

▶bit作名词,意为“一点儿,少量”,在句中作定语的时候,经常用短语a bit of;另外,a bit充当程度副词时,其后面不用加of,但如果修饰的是名词则of不能去掉。

Anna: There is a little pain in my ears and I feel a little dizzy. Can you tell me why I have these feelings on the plane? What's wrong with me?

安娜:我耳朵有点儿疼,而且我还有点头晕。你能告诉我在飞机上为什么会有这种感觉吗?我这是怎么了?

Betty: Don't worry. I think you have got airsickness. Many people get this symptom in their first flight.

贝蒂:不用担心。我想你是晕机了。许多人第一次坐飞机的时候都会出现这种症状。

Anna: What should I do to reduce this symptom? I feel very bad now.

安娜:我应该做点什么来减轻这种症状呢?我现在很难受。

Betty: You may feel much better if you wipe your face with hot towel.

贝蒂:你用热毛巾擦擦脸也许会好受点儿。

▶feel much better意为“感觉好多了”,可以指心情,也可指身体感受;much在短语中作副词,表示程度,多用来修饰形容词或副词的比较级或最高级,也可用来修饰动词。

Conan: Do you mind if I open the window? I can hardly catch my breath.

科南:你介意我打开窗户吗?我快喘不上气了。

Carrie: Of course not. Do as you please. What's wrong with you? And is there anything I can do for you?

卡丽:当然不介意,请便。你怎么了?我能为你做点什么吗?

Conan: I'm afraid I have got a little carsickness. Could you please give me a carsick bag?

科南:恐怕我有点晕车。你能给我一个晕车袋吗?

Carrie: OK, please hold on for a moment.

卡丽:可以,请坚持一会儿。

▶can hardly...意为“几乎不能……”, hardly含有否定意义,当hardly位于句首时,句子要用倒装句式。

即学即用

bring sb sth给某人带来某物

· Would you please bring me a book?

能请你给我带一本书吗?

· Her father brought her a doll from abroad.

她父亲从国外给她带回来一个布娃娃。

ask sb for a favor请求某人的帮助

· Could I ask you for a favor?

我能请你帮个忙吗?

· You can ask the steward for a favor at any time on the plane.

在飞机上,你可以随时请乘务员帮忙。

a bit (of) 一点儿

· Could you please give me a bit of napkin?

你能给我一些餐巾纸吗?

· I feel a bit tired. I need to take a rest.

我感觉有点累。我需要休息一下。

feel much better感觉好多了

· Have you felt much better after taking the pills?

吃过药后你感觉好点了吗?

· I think you may feel much better if you fall asleep.

我想睡着的话,你可能会感觉好点儿。

can hardly...几乎不能……

· I can hardly stand airsickness.

我几乎无法忍受晕机了。

· The air in the bus is really stuffy; I can hardly stand it.

公交车里的空气太闷了;我简直受不了。

旅途答疑

Could you give me some pills for carsickness?

你能给我一些晕车药吗?

OK, sir. Please wait a moment.

好的,先生。请稍等。

What can I do for you, sir?

我能帮您做点什么吗,先生?

I have got seasickness. Could you please give me a bottle of water?

我有点晕船。你能给我瓶水吗?

I have a little carsickness. Can I get a window seat in the front of the bus?

我有点晕车。能给我在公交车上找个前面靠窗的座位吗?

I'm sorry that there is no free seat in the front of the bus.

我很抱歉,但是公交车已经没有靠前的空位了。

Do you mind if I open the window? I have got a little carsick.

你介意我打开窗户吗?我有点晕车。

Of course not, go ahead.

当然不介意,你开吧。

It's the first time that you have taken a plane; you'd better take some pills for airsickness.

这是你第一次坐飞机,你最好带点晕机药。

Yes, that's very considerate of you.

是的,你想得真周到。

What should I do if I got airsickness on the plane?

如果我在飞机上晕机怎么办?

You may feel better if you fall asleep.

你睡觉的话,或许会感觉好点。

Do you have some means to reduce the carsickness?

你有减轻晕车的方法吗?

You'd better take a pill for carsickness ahead of time.

你最好提前吃片晕车药。

When will the ship pull in to shore? I'm dying of misery.

船什么时候靠岸?我快难受死了。

In about an hour, close your eyes and take a break.

大概一个小时之后,闭上眼睛休息一会儿吧。

What can I do for you, sir?

我能为你做点什么,先生?

I feel a little uncomfortable. Can you give me a blanket?

我感觉有点不舒服。你能给我一条毯子吗?

Can you take some carsick medicine for me?

你能给我开些晕车药吗?

Of course, you'd better take the medicine half an hour before starting.

当然,你最好在出发前半小时服用。

Did you get seasick during the voyage?

你在航行中晕船了吗?

Yes , but not serious.

是的,但是不严重。

旅游金句

· I get seasick and I don't know if I can hold on to the destination.

· I am seasick and I don't know if I can stand up to the destination.

我晕船了,我不知道是否能坚持到目的地。

· Many passengers got seasick by the ship's sway.

· The sway of the ship made many passengers seasick.

船的摇摆使许多乘客晕船。

· David asked the doctor to prescribe some medicine against seasickness.

· David asked the doctor to prescribe him some pills for seasick.

大卫让医生开了些晕船药。

· What's wrong with you? You look so pale.

· What happened to you? You look so pale.

你怎么了?脸色看起来如此苍白。

· There is a lot of smell of gas; I don't feel well.

· The gas smell is too much; I feel bad.

汽油味太重了,我感觉不舒服。

· If you get airsickness, it's better to avoid all the greasy food.

· If you are airsick, you'd better not eat greasy food.

如果你晕机,最好不要吃油腻食物。

· Can you give some airsick pills to me?

· Could you give me some pills for airsickness?

你能给我些晕机药吗?

· Do you have a special method to relieve seasickness?

· Do you have any useful means to deal with seasickness?

你有特别的方法缓解晕船吗?

· Hold on! The ship is pulling in.

· Hold on for a while! The ship is going to pull in.

坚持住!船就要靠岸了。

· It's better to take some pills to protect ourselves against airsickness.

· We'd better take some pills in case of airsickness.

我们最好随身带些药以防晕机。

· I think I have got airsickness, because there is a little pain in my ears.

· I'm afraid I am airsick, because I feel a little pain in my ears.

我想我晕机了,因为我的耳朵有点疼。

· You'd better not eat food or drink water when you're carsick.

· When you get carsick, you'd better not eat or drink.

在你晕车的时候,你最好不要吃东西或喝水。

· May I get an airsickness bag?

· Can you give me an airsickness bag?

能给我个晕机袋吗?

· Carsickness is a terrible thing during the journey.

· It's a terrible thing to get carsick in the journey.

在旅途中晕车是一件糟糕的事。

· Do you know how to keep under airsickness?

· Do you have any methods to prevent the airsickness?

你知道怎样预防晕机吗?

· This carsickness medicine has a good effect; you can have a try.

· This kind of carsickness medicine is really effective; you can have a try.

这种晕车药很有效果,你可以试一试。

· You can take the carsickness medicine an hour earlier before starting the car.

· You can have a tablet for carsickness an hour earlier before starting the car.

你可以在汽车发动前一个小时吃晕车药。

· If you sit in the front of the bus, you may feel better.

· Sit in the front of the bus, and you'll feel better.

如果你坐在公交车前面,可能会感觉好点。

· We should take some pills in case of airsickness.

· In case of getting airsick, we need to take some pills.

我们应该带些药片以防晕机。

旅游攻略

晕车是一件十分痛苦的事,但出门旅行又不得不坐车。那么我们应该准备些什么来减少晕车的痛苦呢?

首先,上车前不要空腹,但也不能吃太饱。如果晕车症状比较严重的话,最好在乘车前的半小时到一小时之间吃一片晕车药或使用其他防止晕车产品;

其次,上车后尽量挑选前排靠窗的位置,这样可以减少颠簸,汽油味也没那么重,还能打开窗户通通风。如果是空调车窗户无法打开,可以坐在空调口下;

再次,在车上的时候尽量保持心情愉快,不玩手机,不看报纸,也不要吃油腻的食物;最后,如果出现头晕恶心的反应时,深呼吸几次,或者嚼颗薄荷味的口香糖,感觉会好些。